BECOME A CERTIFIED MBE
The National MSDC certification process, administered by the Pacific Southwest MSDC, requires that minority business enterprises (MBEs) in our network are at least 51% minority-owned, operated, and controlled. Eligibility is established by conducting a series of screenings, interviews and site visits. This distinguishes NMSDC from other organizations or entities that publish directories allowing for self-certification as their standard.
PSWMSDC is pleased to announce the introduction of a new certification module that will support the goals and mission of NMSDC and PSWMSDC. (NMSDC Central Portal Link below)
- Review the certification criteria below to ensure that your business qualifies for certification.
- Sign up for the mandatory pre-certification workshop. Workshop occurs every 4th Tuesday of each month, for all updates please see our events calendar. Please note the dates are subject to change.
- For information on the certification process by contacting our MBE Certification Manager Nichole Jackson email@example.com or at (602) 495-9950.
To become a certified minority business enterprise (MBE), your business must meet the following requirements. Both current and historical facts are considered in determining ownership qualifications and participation in the management and operations of the company.
- Your business is a for-profit enterprise.
- Your business is physically located in the United States or its trust territories.
- Your business is at least 51% ethnic minority owned. Ethnic minority owned is defined as any business having owner(s) belonging to the following minority groups: African-American, Hispanic-American, Native American, Asian and Pacific Islander American (Asian-Indian included).
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) of the business are U.S. citizens.
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) of the business must be active in management and daily business operations.
A complete list of required documentation for your business type will be provided during the pre-certification workshop and will be listed within the online application.
Applying for MBE Certification at Pacific Southwest MSDC, consists of the steps below. The Certification process can take up to 45 – 60 days.
- Complete the online certification application. Certification starts with the online application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application. Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential.
- Upload required documentation as directed.
- Pay for your application fee. You may pay by credit card online. The processing of your application will begin when ALL required documents have been submitted, and application fee paid in full.
- Your application and supporting documents are reviewed for completeness.
- Certification committee review. The certification committee meets once a month to review applications for MBE certification. The certification committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the board of directors for final approval.
- Pacific Southwest MSDC will perform a site visit to review your business premises and conduct a personal interview of the owner(s).
- Board of directors review. The board will review the certification committee’s recommendation and make the final decision. If the board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
- Post Certification meeting is our final step for certification.
NMSDC Central – Online Application
New Certifications: Please Follow these steps to start online application.
– Click on link provided below
– Top right hand corner, select Request Login
– Request Login – creating your usersname & password
– Pre-Qualification questions
– Start MBE application
– Click on Link – NMSDC Central.
Recertification Applicants: Contact Nichole Jackson for login: firstname.lastname@example.org.